Do you need therapy but can’t make it to my clinic? Perhaps you live further afield, work abroad, travel frequently or have a busy schedule?
I can help you conveniently and effectively via online counselling.
If you feel you would benefit from counselling but need a time and a place to suit your schedule, online counselling may be ideal for you.
My online counselling service is:
Convenient: therapy is made available via webcam in the convenience of your preferred location.
Confidential: your discretion is assured through the use of secure video chat service VSee, or via Skype or FaceTime.
Effective: studies have shown that online treatment is equal in efficacy compared to face-to-face therapy and that satisfaction among clients has been rated as high. There are many ways in which online counselling is similar to face-to-face work as online counselling still allows for important factors such as real-time communication, verbal cues, eye contact, therapeutic alliance and observations of some body language.
How secure is online counselling via VSee?
I prefer to use VSee for online counselling as it’s the first HIPAA-compliant telehealth app that keeps client/patient data secure with 256-bit AES encryption. It is preferred to Skype as its systems allow for a more reliable connection and increased security to ensure your sessions are confidential.
Registering to use VSee is simple and free and we can help you through the process.
Online counselling has many benefits:
- Busy people can access a high-quality service in a flexible way
- You can access help from a location that suits you
- No travel costs or travelling time
- With international access it is ideal for travellers and those working or living abroad or for clients who move abroad during their therapy but who wish to continue the work
- Easy access to therapy for people with some disabilities or mobility issues
- It provides an excellent option if you don’t live near our clinic but would like to work with us
How an online counselling session works:
- Contact me to make sure I can help you and then book an initial session
- I will share payment details with you so that you can pay for the session via online bank transfer
- I will then provide details for you to meet via VSee (or Skype/Facetime, if preferred, although VSee is more secure).
- We each log into VSee/Skype at the time of your appointment. I will then call you on the system and your session begins.